If one of your doors is twisted or warped, or if the door is not structural sound the best solution in terms of both time and money is to simply install a new door. It may also make it easier to purchase a new prehung door frame too. This often requires a lot of time and some level of skill to properly fit a door, this can often be a hard job for the average home owner. There are a few things you can do however to make it a lot easier for you to repair or make good of a bad door.
Firstly, if the door is warped at the bottom or possibly at the top there are a few things you can do to reduce it.
- Support the door by placing an object underneath.
- Remove the frame side of the hinge, this will allow you access to fix some of the warp
- Cut a few small pieces of cardboard and reduce the size until it fits into the mortise.
- When the hinge is flush with the door itself, you can reattach the hinge. This will take out a sizeable amount of the warp.
- You may need to tweak the other side of the frame to achieve an ideal fit when the door is closed.